Monday, April 5, 2010

Shun Dell

Thinking of buying a new computer?
Considering Dell? Don't.
This is why you do not want a Dell computer:



This has been going on for about a year and a half now. It first started with one vertical line. Then two, three, four, etc... A nice assortment of colors, also. Next, lines starting aggregating. I now even have a horizontal line. It's weird though, because they all go away if I torque the screen. I once tried bungee cording it for some semi-permanent torquing, but to no avail. Haha... anyway, my computer is destined to fry its LCD. And there is no use getting it fixed, since you could pretty much call my computer totaled. Not covered by warranty, either. Thanks, Dell!... Even though you recalled this product for this exact reason and have a customer service e-mail address made specifically for customers with complaints about vertical lines!

This should go on fail blog:



I also have an issue with my battery. Every time my power cord gets unplugged, the computer immediately shuts down. Though, it will stay on for as long as it's plugged in. I can't take my laptop anywhere, geez.

When I'm at the library, and I walk away from my computer, I'll put up this screen and feel comfortable being gone for any length of time:

No comments: